Friday, October 31, 2008

Congratulations, Ron!


After 4 years of lots of hard work Ron has become an ASA! He is officially on the list! Check it out at: http://soa.org/files/pdf/edu-2008-10-asa-names.pdf

I am very proud of him and thankful for him for lots of reasons ... but as it relates to this I'll just share a few things that come to mind...

*He left his chosen field of engineering in part to find a career that would challenge him differently, but I believe primarily to be able to provide for me in a way that would allow me to stay home with our kids but also so we could stay near my family, friends and the area I love!

*He took a leap of faith by taking a test and applying for a job as an acturial student when the odds seemed to outweigh the future opportunities (Thanks Brian for your help in this area!)

*He studied lots of extra hours while continuing to go to work everyday and helping me as much as he could.

*He didn't get discouraged when he didn't achieve the results he would've liked right away.

*He took initiative to learn new things, pursue new job opportunities and stayed focused on his goal!

*He worked hard to make this goal happen!

*He did all of this while being a newlywed, giving of himself to the teens in the youth group at FBC, having a pregnant wife (3 times) that required a lot of his help, having 3 newborns in the house (and then subsequently busy toddlers!), putting a house up for sale, moving 2 times and renovating a home!

I am very happy for him and excited he has achieved this goal! I look forward to seeing him become an FSA and helping him reach that goal, too!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw a new post!! We are proud of Ron over here too! We appreciate how hard it is =) Looks like you have had a fun fall out in the country !!! ( Why am I acting like I never see you or wasn't at some of these events?) Anyway welcome back and keep up the posting!

Jill said...

Lynette, we are ready for some more news!! Hope you guys had a nice holiday. Saw some pictures of you on Codi's blog. You look beautiful and happy. Tell Ron we said hi and congratulations a little late!