when you have great imaginations!
The kids were outside playing with their cousins the other day and after riding bikes and then swinging for awhile they decided to make up their own things to do. We took a little walk down to the fruit trees and they each picked a pear or an apple. Lauryn, of course, was chowing down on hers (I don't blame her ... I tried a ripe pear the other day and it was very yummy!) but the boys had another idea! They began poking sticks into the fleshy parts of the pears ... at first they thought they would make airplanes. However, the first attempt at flight landed in a crash and burn with flying sticks. The 'objects' then progressed to helicopters, fans and then spiders! I was pretty impressed with their great idea! So, they all got new pears, lots of skinny sticks and poked them into the sides of the pears for legs. They had a great time playing with the spiders, running with the spiders and even taking the spiders for rides on the neighbor's skateboard! I love watching them play!
3 comments:
Wow your kids are so intelligent and creative!!! Maybe we should move out there so my kids can make pear spiders too....oh wait =)
Carson thinks that Lauryn's creation looks like a bunny! I guess I can see it ~ if I'm looking for it!
Hi Lyette,
It's been fun catching up with your life and hearing from you as well. Blogs are great that way, right? You must have a big yard, it looks and sounds lovely and it is the best playground for the kids, you are right, who needs toys whe you have that!! Send my greetings to your parents as well.
Simone
Post a Comment