Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Accountability


Over the past couple months I've had some blog ideas pop in to my mind and couldn't wait to post pictures and stories! But, here I am again wondering how 2 months already flew by with no updates! So, I'll post some past pictures eventually (Ben turned 4, Chip arrived and we embarked on a garden...) but tonight I thought I'd post a recent picture of me. Something I typically even avoid having done - it's much more fun to be behind the camera than in front of it!


I have decided it is time to get my act together and take care of the body God has given me. Turning 35 in just a couple months is scaring me a bit and the realization hit me dead on this week that my kiddos weren't born to a 20-something mommy! First, I was attempting to swim while holding Nate (he was wearing a lifejacket, mind you). My toes reached a point where I could barely touch and I attempted to tread for only a few seconds ... ha! Nearly an impossible task! And just tonight Ben begged me to join him and Lauryn in a race around the yard on a little obstacle course he had created. I avoided the issue but after his sweet pleading I thought I'd give it a try. He beat me fair and square ... and I was out of breath before I had even reached the last obstacle. I want to be able to enjoy these times while my kids are little and want to share adventures and then be able to keep up with them when they are teens and I'm pushing 50!


This is the beginning of an adventure of my own. I have a few obstacles to overcome:


1. I love to eat.

2. I hate to excercise.

3. I don't really know how to cook healthy.

4. I'm afraid my kids will miss hugging and snuggling with a squishy mommy!


Hopefully, by sharing my picture and my desires with you I'll feel more accountable (kind of like people that get kicked off of The Biggest Loser and are required to show up on the finale looking in shape and trim!)
Hmmm...now I must ignore my growling stomach and go drink a glass of water!








4 comments:

Jill said...

You are so beautiful, Lynette, inside AND out!

Who is Chip??

Pokey said...

don't ignore the growling stomach...just feed it something that is good for it.

Anonymous said...

You go Girl! I'll be praying for you to reach your goal. Thanks for praying for us.

Lori said...

i think you look great right now, but if you want some encouragement in the healthy eating area...

we put on a big push this year to eat healthier and we are *loving* the results. not only have my husband and i both lost weight (him, a ton, of course - men - sheesh) but we FEEL great.

i basically just stopped buying processed food. a great side benefit - meals because so much easier to make. because i was basically just preparing meat and a vegetable. easy, quick, inexpensive, and - once i figured out what i was doing - delicious.

when we do have treats, i bake something from scratch, so when we have them - they're much better than store-bought!

also (see? i said i could encourage!) - we noticed pretty quickly that eating healthy gave us so much more energy. so suddenly we weren't as tired as we were before. it was like we were on an upward spiral. dh lost weight and started sleeping better. we both had more energy. and we really hadn't done all that much - it's not like we were trying to limit our calories. we just replaced bad food with good food.

hope it's going well for you! it's worth the effort!