Just when we were getting used to warm temps and sunshine, the rain made its appearance again! I've resigned myself to the fact that we're all going to be covered in mud for quite some time but the kids haven't quite resigned themselves to the fact that we are spending so much time inside ...
Shortly after breakfast, Ben asked me if we could go on a 'venture'. He had checked to make sure Ron hadn't driven the 'big car' and assured me that it'd be a good day to go out. We worked on Mother's Day cards to mail to Nana and after Nate's morning nap loaded up in the car (Chip included) for a drive. We mailed out Mother's Day cards and then started our drive. We had a great time driving through the country with no purpose ... listening to the rain, shouting out different things or animals we'd spotted and watching the water splash up around us as we drove through puddles on bumpy roads. Such a simple, but fun adventure! Later in the afternoon, we put on a concert ... complete with singing, dancing and playing our homemade cardboard guitars and drums. I've discovered I have quite the little rock band on my hands!
My little rocker chick
Little Drummer Boy
Tuning up for the concert
Jam session
3 comments:
Joel's eyes lit up at the sight of those instruments!!
We know all about rainy days! Ben is right, rainy days are perfect to go on "ventures". I'm glad you enjoyed the day.
I have to say I'm rather partial to the 'guitar.' :) Oh, and LOVE the poses with the guitar! How cute!
Post a Comment