Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Wonder When I Grow Up

I can remember a song when I was very little that went something like, "I wonder when I grow up just what I will be ... a nurse or a teacher or a mother of three" (This was in the 70's, mind you!)


Logan and Ellie came over to play today and I happened to walk past Lauryn's room ... the girls must have been pretending what they might be when they grow up. There was Ellie flat on her back with a doll shoved under her shirt and Lauryn attending to her! Looks like Ellie was a calm "mommy" going in to labor and Lauryn was being a thorough "doctor" by listening to the baby's heartbeat and possibly adminstering an epidural (although from that view it looks more like an amniocentesis). Obviously, these little girls have seen a lot of pregnant mommies in their short lifetimes! Can't wait to see what they actually become when they do grow up. Just hope it doesn't get here too soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! I haven't seen her play she was pregnant at home yet. I figure she will more when she can actually see my belly growing. They were so cute!!!!! And Lauryn being a great Doctor!!! Nate's party slides were so good. He had the greatest cake smears!! Thanks so much for having them yesterday. It was such a relief- Logan is sitting here whining that he doesn't know what to do =) He has been spoiled this week =) See you guys tonight!