I could've put this under the last post but I thought it deserved it's own. I love the way Ben is constantly discovering, solving, thinking, observing and imagining. Unfortunately, sometimes, his active brain (and body) get him in to trouble. One evening after supper Ron and the kids were playing hide-n-seek in the house while I cleaned up. Ron was out in the family room counting and we got a little sidetracked chatting about the day and more than the standard 30 second hiding period had elapsed. We realized Ben was still hiding so Ron quickly raced to the back of the house saying, "Ready or not here I come" the next words out of Ron's mouth were "What are you doing, you know you shouldn't be playing with that." I could only imagine ... I walked back to see what had happened. By this time, Ben was sitting on his bed with his arms folded, looking down. He looked at me and and I was unable to stop what I'm sure was the complete wrong response on my part. Continuous laughter. He had opened a bottle of black liquid eyeliner and had painted over his eyebrows and started on the side of his face. The combination of black eyeliner on his fair face coupled with his bewilderment that this was not a good look for him made it impossible for me to stop laughing. I gave him a hug and said, "Buddy, why did you use Mommy's make-up?" His response was, "I wanted to paint like you." To which he looked in the mirror in his room, folded his arms and said, "I give up." I didn't laugh at that because it made me a little sad. But, I sure do love his constant discovering, solving, thinking, observing and imagining! By the way, so you don't think I'm a heartless mom, he wanted a picture in his swimsuit ...
Surprise!
12 years ago
1 comment:
Welcome back, I am sure not for long but while you are back, welcome! Ben makes me laugh- love the day of swimming too! Lauryn's outfit is especially beautiful!!! Keep posting- so fun to read the funny stories!
Post a Comment