Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Calling All Botanists!



So, we've discovered a couple of interesting things growing from trees in our yard. Being a city girl, my knowledge of trees goes out the window past a Maple or Bradford Pear! We've researched these trees ourselves now, but I'm curious if any of you out there know what types of trees bear these fruits/seeds! Sorry, no cool blogging prizes for the first correct answer, just the fun of seeing how smart you all are!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

He's not proclaiming to be an expert :) :) :) but Walter believes the first is a Paw-Paw tree. He has a special childhood memory of this type of tree since his parents had one growing in their backyard. He is going out on a limb :) for the second picture to guess it could be from a gum tree.

Cara said...

I think the first is a lima bean tree! That's how they grow, right? ha ha
Is the second a dangly earring tree? Where's my prize?

Lynette said...

Congratuations Walter and Marilyn! You must be closet botanists! : ) I'm very impressed!

Cara gets points for creativity (and also sharing my thoughts on the earring idea!) Unfortunately, Lima Beans was way off, since I don't a lima bean has ever entered my home ... sorry no prize, although I'd be happy to make you some pawpaw bread ... if such a thing exists!

Unknown said...

Bummer! I was so sure these were Jack's magic beanstalk beans. :)